Instant, Free Access to AccuWeather APIs for Developers
Register at developer.accuweather.com and get limited free access to a sampling of AccuWeather API endpoints, including Locations, Current Conditions, and Daily and Hourly Forecasts.
Note: Access to the AccuWeather APIs available through developer.accuweather.com is separate from access to our Enterprise APIs that are described on this page. Free demo keys obtained at developer.accuweather.com will not work on links shown on this documentation site (apidev.accuweather.com/developers/). Thank you for your interest as we continue to expand the role of our new developer site, and thank you for choosing AccuWeather APIs!
The AccuWeather Enterprise API provides subscribers access to location based weather data via a simple RESTful web interface.
Access to the AccuWeather Enterprise API requires an API key. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an API key.
If required by the terms of your agreement, a partner code will be provided to you by your AccuWeather representative. Please append the assigned partner code to the links provided in the output. Click here for an example.
Data is available in more than 200 languages and dialects.
Use hostname: apidev.accuweather.com for development purposes only.
Use hostname: api.accuweather.com for production purposes only.
Data responses are returned in JSON.
Data encryption is also available for secure communication with your set up. This is done with the use of "https://" scheme in your URLs.
JSONP is available. Please use "parse_response" as the callback parameter.
Quick Start Guides are available in select localized languages for easier developer implementation.
If using our Legacy API to obtain weather data, please click here for documentation .
Stay informed on service availability for AccuWeather products and services 24/7/365 with status.accuweather.com.
Requests will return an appropriate response code.
It is possible to suppress error codes by passing allowError=false in the query. In that case, the response will always be 200, barring a 500 error from the server itself.
An error response will describe the specifics of any errors.
|Success Response Code||Response Name||Description|
|200||OK||Request was fulfilled|
|Error Response Code||Response Name||Description|
|400||Bad Request||Request had bad syntax or the parameters supplied were invalid|
|403||Forbidden||Valid API Key was not supplied in the query|
|404||Not Found||Server has not found a route matching the given URI|
|409||Service Unavailable||The server is currently unavailable|
|500||Internal Error||Server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request|
|503||Conflict||The allowed number of requests has been exceeded|
- Locations may be cities, points of interest, postal codes, countries, administrative areas (i.e. states and provinces) or regions.
- Current weather observations for a particular location. Most recent and historical current condition observations are available for given locations.
- Severe weather alerts for given locations.
- Daily indices for a particular location. Daily indices can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, or 15 day intervals.
- Weather alarms for a particular location. Weather alarms can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, 15 or 25 day intervals.
- Climatology data for a particular location. Climatology records, normals and actuals can be retrieved for a specific date or specific year/month for a given location.
- Daily forecasts for a particular location. Daily forecasts can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, 15, 25, or 45 day intervals.
- Hourly forecasts for a particular location. Hourly forecasts can be retrieved in 1, 12, 24, 72, 120, or 240 hour intervals.
- Imagery for a particular location. Radar and satellite images of varying resolutions (480x480, 317x237, 640x480, 640x640, 800x800, 1024x1024) are available for most locations.
- List supported languages and translation groups. Provide translations for a particular group. Groups return a full set of translations for a specific language.
- Weather data for a particular location. Includes current conditions, 12 hour forecasts, 10 day forecasts and radar and satellite images.
- Forecasts divided into quarter-of-a-day increments. Quarter-day forecasts can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, or 15 day intervals.
- Minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next 120 minutes from the present.
International Air Quality
- Detailed information about contaminants currently in the air. Available for select locations only.
- Location-based information about tropical cyclones. Provides past, current, and forecasted positions of a cyclone.
- Location-based ocean tide information. Tidal forecasts can be retrieved for 1, 5, 10, 15, 25, and 45 days.
- Information regarding the sun and moon. Provides past, present, and future information with no date restrictions.
- Direct links to to content in the AccuWeather website and mobile site. Deep links will return all available information with one call.
- Provides hyperlocal weather information for indicated waypoints along a route. Information is predicted based on the expected time of arrival at a given waypoint.
- Provides a series of graphics in square tiles for layering on top of an existing map to illustrate weather conditions.