The AccuWeather API provides subscribers access to location based weather data via a simple RESTful web interface
Access to the AccuWeather API requires an API key. Contact email@example.com to receive an API key.
A partner code will be provided to you by your AccuWeather representative. Please append the assigned partner code to the links provided in the output. Click here for an example.
Data is available in more than 100 languages and dialects
Use hostname: apidev.accuweather.com for development purposes only.
Use hostname: api.accuweather.com for production purposes only
Data responses are returned in JSON
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) data encryption is also available for secure communication with your set up. This is done with the use of "https://" scheme in your URLs.
JSONP is available. Please use "parse_response" as the callback parameter
If using our Legacy API to obtain weather data, please click here for documentation
Requests will return an appropriate status code.
It is possible to suppress the error codes by passing allowError=false in the query. In that case, the status will always be 200, barring a 500 error from the server itself.
An error response will describe the specifics of any errors.
|Error Code||Error Name||Description|
|200||OK||Request was fulfilled|
|400||Bad Request||Request had bad syntax or the parameters supplied were invalid|
|403||Forbidden||Valid API Key was not supplied in the query|
|404||Not Found||Server has not found a route matching the given URI|
|500||Internal Error||Server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request|
- Locations may be cities, points of interest, postal codes, countries, administrative areas (i.e. states and provinces) or regions.
- Current weather observations for a particular location. Most recent and historical current condition observations are available for given locations.
- Severe weather alerts for given locations.
- Daily indices for a particular location. Daily indices can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, or 15 day intervals.
- Weather alarms for a particular location. Weather alarms can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, 15 or 25 day intervals.
- Climatology data for a particular location. Climatology records, normals and actuals can be retrieved for a specific date or specific year/month for a given location.
- Daily forecasts for a particular location. Daily forecasts can be retrieved in 1, 5, 10, 15 or 25 day intervals.
- Hourly forecasts for a particular location. Hourly forecasts can be retrieved in 1, 12, 24, 72, 120, or 240 hour intervals.
- Imagery for a particular location. Radar and satellite images of varying resolutions (480x480, 317x237, 640x480, 640x640, 800x800, 1024x1024) are available for most locations.
- Translations for a particular group. Groups return a full set of translations for a specific language.
- Weather data for a particular location. Includes current conditions, 12 hour forecasts, 10 day forecasts and radar and satellite images.